Gustafson Builders (previously HH Hackett) has been in business in Rapid City for over 30 years. This long-term presence in Rapid City has earned us the reputation of being a stable and trustworthy building contractor. We pride ourselves in repeat business due to our professional staff and expertise in construction means and methods.
Gustafson Builders has worked diligently to earn the trust and respect of the subcontractors and suppliers serving the Rapid City market. This relationship ensures that we receive competitive quotes for our projects. In addition, we find that when subcontractors and suppliers are overwhelmed with bidding opportunities, they choose to work with Gustafson Builders because of our past relationships.
Gustafson Builders participate in all types of project delivery methods from hard bid to design build. Because of our experienced and diverse office staff, we are able to take “napkin sketches” and provide the owners with a finished product to meet and exceed their expectations. This expertise is valuable in construction management projects to ensure that the owner is getting a quality product at a competitive price.
Gustafson Builders are experienced in projects that require a detailed paper trail. The Corps of Engineers is one of our clients. Being a federal agency, they are very structured in all aspects of a project documentation including scheduling. We are also an approved bidder for Wal-Mart projects that have very specific project documentation requirements. We have the procedures and processes in place to satisfy these stringent requirements for both the Corps of Engineers and Wal-Mart.
The services we offer on a routine basis include:
- Conceptual estimating
- Advice on cost effective construction methods
- Hard bid quotes for the entire project
- Project management & scheduling
- Two week look-ahead schedules
- Software is Primavera (Expedition, Suretrack, P3)
- Job cost tracking
- Obtain proper permits for a project
- Conduct weekly project meetings
- Conduct daily job site task training reviews for safety
- Project quality control
Heavy Constructors Inc. dba Gustafson Builders can provide the following services needed to address your Construction Management Services outlined in your request for proposals.
Our four broad areas of service would cover the following:
- Quality Management/Partnering
- Cost Control
Under these items we will work with the owner’s representatives to achieve the first phase of our preconstruction services to the owner in choosing your A&E firm and to review the preliminary cost estimates as follows:
- Help establish mutual goals and objectives.
- Pride of ownership in the project and process- become stakeholders in success.
- Timely responses to the key issues.
- Help develop and review budget, design costs, planning costs, construction budgets and costs.
- Establishment of an onsite organization to administer the project.
The Construction Management Services at this phased level would include the following:
- Assistance in distributing and bidding the project out to competitive subcontractors and suppliers.
- Bidding and producing prices that Gustafson Builders could self perform under this contract. This is a key advantage in our services offered because of our ability to self perform several divisions of the work.
- Conduct weekly meetings necessary for the job.
- Prepare written reports on the progress of the work including daily logs.
- Writing, holding, monitoring and coordination of trade contracts.
- Regular updates of project schedule.
- Monitoring the construction budget.
- Cost and accounting records.
- Procedures for review and processing of pay applications by trade contractors for payment.
- Change order procedures.
- Review of trade contractors’ safety programs.
- Procedures and handling submittals and shop drawings and samples.
- Project closeout procedures.
- Coordination related to owner-furnished equipment, furniture, and furnishings which are not part of the work.
- Review and process insurance requirements of trade contractors.
- Review and make sure trades meet bonding requirements.
The following are the divisions of construction that Gustafson Builders could self perform:
- Division 1 General Conditions.
- Division 2 Earthwork, grading, and utilities.
- Division 3 Cast in place concrete.
- Division 6 Carpentry.
- Division 10 Specialties.
- Division 11 Equipment.
- Division 12 Furnishings
Contact us now for an estimate and we can begin building safely into the future... today.
Thank You Jackson Boulevard!!
We would like to thank all businesses and residents on Jackson Boulevard for the support of our team. From rolls in the morning to curtious calls into our office, we appreciate all of your kind ac...Read More>>
Heavy News now on the web!!
Heavy News will now be posted under "The Company" heading of our web page. All of our newsletters will be posted including some vintage newsletters from the mid 1990's! Go have a look!!<...Read More>>
- Good Sameritan Assisted Living
- Aspen Grove Assisted Living
- Jackson Boulevard
- I-90, Exit 10-17
- Pizza Ranch
Douglas School District 51-1
To Whom It May Concern:
I would like to take this opprotunity to give the highest of recommendations to Gustafson Builders with respect to our recently completed Music Area and Office...Read All Testimonials>>